In Romans, Paul invites the Body of Christ to join in prayer:
“I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf” (Romans 15:30, ESV).
In 2 Corinthians, Paul also asked believers to pray, knowing that prayer would bring results:
“And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety” (2 Corinthians 1:11, NLT).
We invite you to join us in prayer for the nations.
Pray for Boldness
“And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike” (Ephesians 6:19, NLT).
- Pray that those sharing the Gospel will have the boldness to speak.
- Pray that the Gospel message will be communicated effectively.
Pray for Open Doors of Opportunity
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains” (Colossians 4:2-3, NLT).
- Pray that God will open doors of opportunity.
- Pray that God will open the hearts of the people to receive His Word with joy.
- Pray that those who serve will be led by the Holy Spirit.
Pray that the Gospel will Spread Rapidly
“Dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you” (2 Thessalonians 3:1, NLT)
- Pray that the Gospel message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes.
- Pray for strength for those sharing the message of Jesus (Ephesians 6:10-18).
Pray for Protection
“Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer” (2 Thessalonians 3:2, NLT).
- Pray that God will protect believers sharing the Gospel from those who seek to cause harm.
- Pray that God will prepare the hearts of those receiving the Word of Truth.
Pray for God’s Direction & Guidance
“So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding” (Colossians 1:9, NLT).
- Pray for spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- Pray for clear guidance and the complete knowledge of God’s will.
Pray for Strength & Joy
“We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy” (Colossians 1:11, NLT).
- Pray that God will strengthen believers as they endure hardship.
- Pray that God will fill those sharing the Gospel with joy and peace (Romans 15:13).